Franklin Murillo’s pursuits and achievements have earned significant recognitions that include formal awards as a TicAmericas contest winner, Chevening Scholar, a One Young World Leader Ambassador, a Young Challenger by the Grameen Creative Lab, and a Global Thinker.
Franklin´s additional recognitions and awards:
- Member of T20 Global Task Force on Sustainable Development, Argentina, Japan, Saudi Arabia and Italy | 2018, 2019, 2020,2021
- Global speaker on sustainable development and social progress | 2016 to present
- Co-founder and organizer: Xboot Camp, Costa Rica
- Costa Rica’s representative at the 2011 UN World Youth Assembly, New York, USA
- Costa Rica’s representative for the Young American Business Trust, Organization of the American States, Washington DC, USA
- Winner of the contest TicAmericas for the most innovative and responsible product, Organization of the American States, General Assembly 2010, Lima, Perú
- Mentor and coach for entrepreneurship competitions such as ‘Yo Emprendedor’, ‘Yo Creo’ and ‘Ticamericas’, San José, Costa Rica
- Speaker at the Global Week of Entrepreneurship and at other entrepreneurial events, Costa Rica and Taiwan
- Mentor and coach for the project Social Help which was recognized as the best social project in Costa Rica in 2014; presented to President Barack Obama at the Shark Tank event at the White House, Washington DC, USA
- Excellence Scholarship Ulacit. Costa Rica.
- Chosen to be part of the Emerging International Leaders Programme, Cumberland Lodge, and Chevening, UK.
- Invited to present at the Global Scholar Symposium, Cambridge University. UK.
“The world needs more young people like him [Franklin Murillo]… motivating new generations to work hard and as a collective to achieve sustainable development”
Ana Elena Chacón Echeverría
Former Vice-president of the Republic of Costa Rica
“Mr. Murillo is a committed social leader. He has been the force behind the creation of several projects and initiatives to improve the country’s basic education system, including a project to strengthen and project to a superior performance the parent boards that support and manage the budget of the national public school system. His creativity to solve complex social and economic problems is unique, particularly because his greatest ability is to create alliances among unusual partners at individual and institutional level. His capacity to recognize alliance opportunities and stimulate the participation of others is unique, as is his consistency in supervising their work and keeping them active over time..”
Chairman, INCAE Business School
“Franklin has set the bar for young social entrepreneurs and leaders in Latin America and the world. He is a visionary, hard-working, dynamic and creative individual; capable of taking an idea and developing it into a successful initiative. He understands the importance of technology and innovation to improve our lives.”
Marco ten Vaanholt
Founder & President of BootUP, Investor, Advisor
Former Global Vice-President, SAP Premier Customer Network
“Mr. Murillo is an entrepreneur with a great ability to encourage other young people to engage in entrepreneurship programs… I offer high recommendations for Franklin Murillo without reservation.”
Young American Business Trust
Organization of American States (OAS)